Kenya Red Cross County Manager Vacancies in Garissa and Wajir 2014
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to County staff to design, implement and evaluate strategic action plans and budgets in line with approved County priorities and strategies
- Manage KRCS County strategies and processes. Develop and implement strategic plans, programs, policies tailored to meet County goals
- Build a strong KRCS Brand as per KRCS model of a well functioning County
- Ensure that the needs and priorities of the County are well identified and advocate for their fulfilment
- Ensure that all KRCS operations within the County are well aligned to the County and Sub County structures.
- Build relationships with the Counties and represent KRCS at strategic County meetings
- Guide the allocation of KRCS resources and investments in line with the priorities of the County
- Mobilise resources at County level and facilitate development of written MOUs and Agreements with County governments and other strategic partners
- Develop strategic alliances to strengthen collaborative partnerships and networks with relevant County government agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders in order to advocate, represent, and influence policies for humanitarian relief
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with County government agencies, donors, NGO’s and other humanitarian agencies to avoid duplication of services
- Represent the Society at local, County and national meetings, conferences, workshops and other forums to promote the activities of the KRCS and the County Branch and articulate issues related to the County priorities and challenges.
- Conducting effective membership and volunteer recruitment campaigns
- Keeping updated electronic records of all members and volunteers within the County
- Trainings and deployment of the Volunteers
- Ensure effective systems for Coaching, mentoring, performance appraisal for the volunteers
- Implement effective membership and volunteer motivation strategies.
- Facilitate the effective recruitment, trainings and functioning of the KRCS County governance team in line with the KRCS Constitution and policies.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of an effective County fundraising strategy in line with the County Branch plans while considering long term and short term objectives
- Work with the County Advisor and the fundraising managers to develop and implement a strategies for income generation
- Accountable and responsible for successful implementation of all programmes in the county including Emergency/Disaster Response with a focus on strategic action plans and agreed budgets and in line with approved KRCS policies and international best practices aimed at ensuring effective and efficient use of resources
- Post graduate degree in Management, organizational development or related field
- At least 5 years management experience
- Previous experience in providing leadership at senior management level will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the work of the Red Cross in Kenya and the County
- Good knowledge on the County and its working environment
- Proven record of networking and Partnership development
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Experience in Programme design and management
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Excellent change management skills
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,